Sales & Operations Planning
DynaSys DSCP supports your S&OP process
Providing visibility into strategic objectives during functional planning results in more effective sales, more efficient operations, optimized service levels and the right product mix. Key business units within a company, like sales, operations and finance, may develop functional plans without fully considering company-wide goals. Leading companies often adopt S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning), a solution and process that ensures business units make plans and decisions in the context of overall business objectives. S&OP is also referred to as IBP (Integrated Business Planning), particularly in the context of product management review and financial appraisal.
- The Demand Planning module facilitates sales forecasting, taking into account field feedback and safety stock dimensioning that adapts based on forecast accuracy
- The Supply Chain Planning modules, including Production, Distribution and Procurement Planning, translate validated requests into loads which may be tailored to capacities, whether they affect production, transportation or storage
- Alternative Scenarios — When planning the overall supply chain, DynaSys DSCP helps identify critical situations. The alternative scenario tool then helps restore a balance between supply and demand while complying with corporate strategy
- Shared vision document and the approved S&OP operations plan are produced to effectively communicate company strategy
- Key Performance Indicators — The S&OP process and meeting draws on consistent and robust indicators, expressed in flexible units and add-on values including standard costs, sale prices and profit margin
- Improves customer service while reducing inventory levels due to improved synchronization of demand and supply plans
- Facilitates alignment between strategic, tactical and operational plans across the company
- Senior management makes better decisions through the use of alternative scenario analyses and a planning tool that ties decisions to KPIs
- Improves internal and external communication due to stakeholders interacting and sharing information on a formalized, on-going basis
- Reduces Supply Chain costs.
- Coordinate activities of the key business units in the company
- Maximize profitability and return on assets.
- Ensure business units make functional plans and decisions in a strategic context
IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Sales and Operations Planning 2016 Vendor Assessment
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets.
We are proud to work with...
“The DynaSys tools are efficient, enabling us to carry out rapid, detailed, accurate and reliable analysis which is, in a word, relevant.”
David Labrousse, Planning and Procurement MS Manager, G.H.MUMM & Cie
“Another reason for our choice were the ergonomic aspects of the Demand Planning tool, its powerful modelling as well as its collaborative capacities for validating forecasts between forecasters and subsidiaries.”
Sales Forecast and Planning Manager – Dorel Group
“None of this would have been possible without rigorous management of our demand planning, distribution planning and production planning processes through the DynaSys tool. These are truly collaborative solutions.”
Richard Crnjanski, Director, Supply Chain Europe, Newell Brands